Who We Are
The Uplift Foundation of Nevada is a 501C3 nonprofit organization dedicated to making a difference in the lives of the youth, underserved and under-resourced in the Las Vegas Valley and Clark County, with a particular emphasis on empowering young people. Uplift’s primary aim is to develop and sustain diverse partnerships enabling it of programming, services and support to youth, especially those from disadvantaged backgrounds. By lifting up youth – through programs that promote academic success, conflict resolution, financial literacy, safety awareness, field trips and a college-going mindset – we lift the community’s quality of life.y
The Uplift Foundation of Nevada formed in 2002, largely as a result of a collective agreement by the men of the Kappa Xi Chapter of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc., to radically energize a community outreach program they started in 1978. From financially supporting the Frontier Girls Scouts, providing food baskets for underprivileged families and scholarships for youth. The Foundation incorporated in state of Nevada in 2002 and immediately began to centralize outreach around youth empowerment. Today, the Foundation has a 40-person volunteer base that provides year-round programming to local youth.
Uplift’s multi-pronged programs feature a variety of activities that annually serve and empower thousands of youth throughout the Las Vegas Valley and Clark County.
- College Scholarships – 50% match with Ronald McDonald House Charities
- Omega Gents – mentoring group for high school boys)
- Economic Summit and Student Leadership Conference – annual financial literacy seminar
- Talent Hunt – biennial performing arts competition for high school students
- Philanthropy – financial and in-kind support for schools and groups